When you bite into my flesh
let your teeth clamp down
break through my apple skin
Can you taste the desperation running through my veins
can you smell its bitter scent seeping through my pores
feel it drip down your chin
let it settle on your lips...
Lover, do you know how many times I have brought myself here before you
how many times this body has been left bone dry by men trying to replenish themselves on all a woman has to give
you can you see my fingerprints on the headboard from the time I held on for dear life as I let him steal a part of me
There is an outline of my body on the mattress
I left it there to remind myself that I still exist
I settle in its creases
it feels like escape
feels like longing for a way out
feels like hell
Pay no mind to the blood stains
they spell my name out on the fabric
you always said I looked beautiful in red
I did it for you
to show you that I was worth more than what your calloused fingers were willing to give me
I never wanted your midnight kisses
your skin underneath my nails
to know that I was alive
It gave me a reason to hate myself again
I swallowed your name
pushed it down hard
held it deep in my stomach until it burned its way out of my system
I have discarded the secret of you like so many other childish things
When you bite into my flesh
The Fringe is open to submissions of poetry, flash fiction and short stories of any genre. Stories accepted will be published online in our Ezine and also in the monthly pdf magazine.
We are also open to submissions from artists for inclusion in the magazine.
Submissions should be in RTF format or in the body of the email. Send email submissions only to email@example.com
Currently we only offer payment for one story selected as the feature story in the monthly pdf magazine only. The successful author will be contacted to organise payment via paypal for a $5AUD payment. Authors of other accepted stories published on the webzine and in the pdf copy will receive a copy of the pdf version of the mag the story appears in.
We are open to unpublished and previously published stories up to 40,000 words in length.
About The Fringe Magazine
Here at The Fringe Magazine we publish Short Stories, Flash Fiction, Poetry in all genres and reviews of books, roleplay games, music and movies.
Our variety seems to be hiting the mark with over 100,000 views of our Online Magazine with a good spread across all articles.
Our variety seems to be hiting the mark with over 100,000 views of our Online Magazine with a good spread across all articles.?xml:namespace>From surveys we've conducted, our readers are like most people and enjoy reading all kinds of books, both fiction and non-fiction.
With over 350 readers visiting our site each day, we listen to the voice of the masses and try and procure books in all genres to review. To date, we have reviewed over 600 books, including; non-fiction reference, music, art, photography, gardening, cooking, Self Help, architecture, design, biographies and roleplay games.
We also review fiction in all genres; Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance, Horror, Crime, Thriller, Comedy, Western. We also publish Author Interviews, Paintings, Sketches, Art Work, Art Work by Susie Wilson, and non-fiction articles. The only thing you won't find at The Fringe Magazine is a bad review, if we don't like something, we won't put up a review at all.
You will also find music and dvd reviews and the occasional interview with musicians and actors.
- ► 2011 (753)
- CD Review: Francis Lai - Bilitis Soundtrack
- CD Review: Betty Blokk Buster Follies by Reg Liver...
- CD Review: Marc Bolan & T.Rex - Thunderwing
- CD Review: Ian Dury - Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll
- Fiction: I Want to Live Again by Robin Sewell
- Fiction: Perihelion by Holger Nahm
- Fiction: The Truth About Love and Revenge by Cynth...
- Fiction: The Call – Part Two by M J Wesolowski
- Author Interview: Brandon Sanderson
- Fiction: Upscale by George McLoone
- Author Interview: Deborah Sheldon
- Fiction: Man with a suitcase by Deborah Sheldon
- Book Review: Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
- Book Review: SPOOK'S BESTIARY by Joseph Delaney
- Book Review: Wolfborn by Sue Bursztynski
- Book Review: FEAR: 13 STORIES OF SUSPENSE AND HORR...
- Book Review: The Extraordinary Cookbook by Stefan ...
- Book Review: Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
- Book Review: The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry
- Book Review: Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly Myste...
- Book Review: Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Mysterie...
- Book Review: An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris...
- Book Review: MAXIMUM RIDE: FANG by James Patterson...
- Book Review: WITCH & WIZARD 02: THE GIFT by James ...
- Book Review: Daniel X: The Manga Vol. 1 by James P...
- Book Review: Award Winning Australian Writing 2010...
- Book Review: Merv Hughes' Best Sporting Insults by...
- Book Review: The Cranford Companion by Sue Birtwhi...
- Book Review: 60-Second Secrets To a happy, healthy...
- Book Review: Sleepless by Thomas Fahy
- Book Review: Sister by Rosamund Lupton
- Book Review: Bob Marley: The Untold Story By Chris...
- Book Review: Eleventh Grade Burns: The Chronicles ...
- Book Review: Tenth Grade Bleeds: The Chronicles of...
- Book Review: Best Australian Interiors
- Book Review: Best Australian Architecture by Gary ...
- Book Review:Creating Comics! 47 Master Artists Rev...
- Fiction: Occlusion by Brian Tucker
- Fiction: Parallels: Three Stories By Anthony Madal...
- Fiction: The No Ones By Philip Roberts
- Author Interview: Kingsley McGlew
- Art: by Denny Marshall
- Author Interview: Stephen Donaldson
- Author Interview: Adam Roberts
- Fiction: Caesar Coconut Caesar By Bruce Holland Ro...
- Fiction: In a Distant Jungle By George Wilhite
- Fiction: Death’s Rose by Mark Smith
- Author Interview with Becca Fitzpatrick
- Fiction: Letters to Chelsea By Oscar Connell
- Fiction: Ganglion Trains by Sean Monaghan
- Book Review: BANK ROBBERY FOR BEGINNERS by Anthony...
- Book Review: Zombies Vs Unicorns Justine Larbalest...
- Book Review: Dilligaf The life and rhymes of Kevin...
- Book Review: Justin Bieber – The Fever by Marc Sha...
- Book Review: LEGENDS!: BATTLES AND QUESTS by Antho...
- Fiction: The Chronicles of Raven: Part One: Murmur...
- Book Review: Distance By Kingsley McGlew
- Book Review: The Who By Numbers: The Story Of The ...
- Book Review: The Werewolf Handbook: An Essential G...
- Book Review: Biblio Vampiro: An Essential Guide to...
- Book Review: Managing Death - The Death Works Seri...
- Book Review: The Haunting of James Hastings by Chr...
- Book Review: An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
- Book Review: The Dragon with the Girl Tattoo by Ad...
- Book Review: Handling Edna by Barry Humphries
- Book Review: Wolfsbane and Mistletoe ed Harris, Ch...
- Book Review: Minion A Vampire Huntress Legend Book...
- Book Review: King Arthur: The Bloody Cup by M.K Hu...
- Book Review: Someone Else's Son by Sam Hayes
- Fiction: A Love-Trumping Lust By Wendy Ashlee Cole...
- Book Review: Great Australian historic Hotels by B...
- Book Review: Shark! Killer tales from the dangerou...
- Book Review: 1000 Ideas for decorating cupcakes, c...
- Book Review: And Furthermore by Judi Dench
- Poetry: The Art of Slipping Away by Noemi Soto
- Poetry: How He Became A Ghost by Noemi Soto
- Poetry: Untangled By Noemi Siren Soto
- Fiction: THE UNDERSTUDY by Chantelle Aimée Osman
- Fiction:THE LOCUST TREES BY S. A. Harris
- Fiction: The Call Part 1 of a Serial by MJ Wesolow...
- Fiction: Teeth by Carrie Stemrich
- ▼ December (81)
- ► 2009 (214)