Thursday, December 2, 2010

Poetry: The Art of Slipping Away by Noemi Soto

I opened my eyes this morning to find myself already half way slipping into nothingness



I tried to reach for help, but no one was there



so I spent the day lingering in limbo with my arms extended towards the sky







Every shallow breath pushing me further



counteracting my feeble attempts at self preservation



And this is where I let my mind wander so it won't be taken down with me.







This is where I grasp at smooth branches



This is where I feel myself falling passed the clouds



This is where my heart skips ten beats before me trying to get away



She knows what’s coming…







Many are the times when I have heard the echo of my own mind bouncing off the walls of my hollow heart.



This is one of those times.





Every muscle in my body is clenched

bracing for the breakdown



But there is a lightness within me



expanding into everything and nothing all at once



I am so full of life that it begins to escape me until I am empty



Half way there



Warm light washes over me



Breaks me into pieces



Keeps me floating



I break away

No comments: