Pages

FICTION: THE TEACHER by Jackie Kingon  

Posted by Scott Wilson

Billy pushes Daisy.

“I saw that,” says Miss Plum whose face is turned to the board. She swivels around and gives Billy a stern disapproving look. She pats a seat next to her desk. “Move here so I can keep a closer eye on you.”

Billy gathers his books and pouts. “She started it.”

“Did not,” says Daisy making a monkey face and sticking out her tongue.

Miss Plum raises her eyebrows. “Daisy is telling the truth. I saw her sitting quietly doing her work and you reached over and gave her a shove.”

“But your back was turned, Miss Plum. How could you see that.”

Miss Plum turns and faces the board again. She reaches up and raises a handful of her long blond hair.

The class gasps.

“You see class, I really do have eyes in the back of my head.”

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 2:16 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Great ending! I swear half the nuns in my school had at least one extra eye hidden somewhere. Nice work Jackie.

June 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Post a Comment