Friday, May 13, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Understanding Panic Attacks and Overcoming Fear

Title: Understanding Panic Attacks and Overcoming Fear


Author: Roger Baker

Publisher: Lion

RRP: $19.99

ISBN: 9780745955452

Release Date: May 2011

Pages: 176



Description:



A new, fully revised edition of Dr. Roger Baker's highly regarded book on panic attacks and other fear-related conditions



Explaining that a full recovery from panic attacks is definitely possible, this highly authoritative yet practical book helps the reader toward an in-depth understanding of what panic actually is. It is essential reading for sufferers, their friends, and their family. It sets out a psychological self-help program for panic sufferers in clear and concise language, answering important questions such as What is a panic attack? What does it feel like? What causes attacks? and Can they be cured?

Review:


This is a brilliant book, I am already feeling better knowing that I am not the only person who is suffering from panic attacks. The author has extensive experiences in 'treating' patients with panic attacks and there are both medical and psychological explanation in the book. All symptoms of panic attacks are described explicitly.

Reading Dr Roger Baker's book has virtually rid me of any of these feelings, as he says knowledge is key in understanding the attacks and helping to reduce and finally eliminate the symptoms. I would recommend this book to anyone suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. It reassured me I was not going crazy and that panic was a thing that can and could happen to the strongest of people. I had just created a big fear of them and in turn over the years, made myself worse. When I started on the book it took me a bit of time to do as he said, probably as I think at first when you start taking into action what Roger Baker tells you, in the book you are a little wary.

No comments: