Sunday, May 22, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod 12th Grade Kills

Title: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod 12th Grade Kills


Author: Heather Brewer

Publisher: Penguin

RRP: $19.95

ISBN: 9780525422242

Release Date: March 2011



Description:



IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS.



Part vampire, Vlad, is running out of time. The Elysian Council has given him only weeks to live, and that's if the Slayer Society doesn't kill him - along with all the citizens of Bathory - first. Then there's the issue of Vlad's father, who may or may not still be alive after all these years. And can Vlad recognise Snow as more than just a snack? Oh yeah, and that tiny little detail in the Pravus prophecy about Vlad enslaving Vampirekind and the human race. So much for college applications.



In this epic finale to Heather Brewer's heart-stopping Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, dark secrets will be revealed, old friends will become enemies, and warm blood will run cold. Just be careful it isn't yours.

vladtod.com

Visit the author online at heatherbrewer.com for blogs, forums, minion bling and more . . .

Review:

I love Heather Brewer's writing. LOVE it. I read each of these books in less than entire day. This book is a piece of pure genius....however, the ending drives me insane. For one, what purpose does it serve that Nelly died? Granted, it gives her some points for making the reader feel certain emotions...but this was just too far.

Brewer really delivered with kick ass action, jokes, and plenty of blood that would make Sweeney Tod looks like a Disney, well something along those lines. But I still can't accept -though I'm sure in time I will- that this is the final book.

I love Vladimir, he's probably the most relatable character I've read all year and I'm glad that we got the chance to meet. This book had more death than I expected, and I was really upset when Snow died leaving Vlad more alone than he had ever felt before, but to then kill off Nelly as well - that was just wrong. It isn't until the very end of the book that you are able to smile just a little more after all the killing. I was happy that Henry and Joss survived - that did make me smile.

Overall, I enjoyed the series, and this is a series that I will consider reading again

No comments: