Saturday, May 21, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Maximum Ride: Angel

Title: Maximum Ride: Angel


Author: James Patterson

Publisher: Random House

RRP: $24.95

ISBN: 9780099544470

Release Date: Marcy 2011



Description:



The seventh novel in the bestselling Maximum Ride series

DESCRIPTION OF BOOK

Is this the end of Max and Fang, and the beginning of Max and Dylan? Only Angel knows.



Maximum Ride and her friends have always had each other’s backs because they can’t trust anyone else. No. Matter. What. But now the flock is up against a threat unlike any they’ve ever faced and, just when they need each other the most, Fang is gone. He’s creating his own gang that will replace everyone – including Max.



Max is heartbroken over losing Fang, her soulmate, her best friend. The one she thought would always be there for her. Could it be that she really is destined to be with Dylan? He’s proven that he’ll do anything for her, and she can’t deny that there’s an intensity about him that draws her in. As the flock race to Paris to stop a terrifying cult intent on exterminating the human race, she has no choice but to trust him.

Review:

I think I enjoyed this book more than all the others. While quite a few new characters are introduced, to me, they didn't detract from the story but added more action and a bit more depth. The love triangle fight between Max, Fang and Dylan was a good add as well (although I admit, I suppose I'm still getting used to lovey-dovey Max as opposed to the side that just likes to kick butt and take names but as it's mentioned in the books, the girl is changing...guess I need to get with the program, xD).

I suppose my favorite part would have to be the One Light/Doomsday Group rally held at Ella's school. Not sure if the obsession of the characters to the cause was supposed to be funny or not, but I got many a good laugh from that; I'm still chuckling about it!

Fast-paced, exciting, and not just 300 pages of Max whining about Fang and Angel. I also loved the addition of Fang's flock, and Dylan not being a d-bag. I must say I'm becoming a big fan of Dylan-Max.

No comments: