Pages

Verbiage  

Posted by Scott Wilson in , ,

Verbiage
By Scott Wilson
Word Count: 204

ver⋅bi⋅age 
–noun 1. overabundance or superfluity of words, as in writing or speech; wordiness; verbosity.

I don’t know why my parents decided to call me Verbiage. Maybe they were being funny at the time, or stoned like they usually were.

I am extremely quiet, reserved and very shy. Most of the time I prefer my own company, reading a Dean Koontz, Clive Barker or Stephen King novel. I’m really more of a Cliché than Verbiage. I listen to heavy metal like Dokken, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Yngwie Malmsteen through my I-Pod, while locked away in my room reading a nice horror novel.

Anyway, once I was old enough to understand what my name meant, I left home in disgust. I moved to the outer rim planets, working in the asteroid mines wherever I could. It is good money and the job is very isolated, don’t have to work with anyone else or talk to other numb nuts who thought they were either hilarious or smart.
I have planet hopped to avoid the police for ten years now. While I don’t mince my words, I do have a tendency to mince people who annoy me, like my parents.

Thanks enough for now, don’t want to waste any more words.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment